OnlineColleges.net provided this great infographic about the major Ed Tech trends in 2013. Have you seen these trends in your classroom or campus this year?
- The use of texting/SMS in class. Notify students of class cancellations or emergencies using text or tools such as Twitter or Remind101. Have students participate in class using Poll Everywhere ~ students can text in their answer. If 93% of students use their phone to text, why not use it as a tool?
- Social Media. How about creating a Google+ Community page for your class? Share links and discussions in a secure environment.
- Free online courses available. Visit OpenCourseWare or Stanford MOOC.
- 3-D printing. Well, I can’t say I’ve tried this yet. According to this infographic, I will!
Upcoming trends for 2014:
- Universities embrace eBooks. Visit HERE for Academic eBooks.
- Virtual college counseling.
- Game based learning will become more accepted and effective.
- BYOD. Bring your own device!
- Universities will become more cloud based.